Sunday, May 30, 2010

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

This trip has been unreal. I can't believe this month has flown by so fast and it is time for us to go back home. I'm excited to see everyone back home and start my internship, yet very very sad to part with my new best friends that I've made on this trip. Today was a very dull day. Went to a market off of Liverpool Street, stayed briefy. Attempted to go to a few boutiques with Lauren, then heading back to the dorms to read my book. We met the whole group tonight at Temple pier and we had our own private boat that cruised down the Thames River all night. The weather was perfect. The sun was setting as we were passing the London Eye and the bridge and we danced the whole night away. Our teachers even joined in on our dance circles and it was hilarious. There wasn't a moment we weren't on our feet, the DJ did a great job at keeping us busy on the dance floor. We were also graced with a buffet dinner which was good to soak up all the liquids we were consuming. There was another party boat next to ours and they were playing "Don't Stop Believing" on our boat so we were singing it to them through the windows but then all of us ran out on the deck and sang it to them out on the deck. It was the best moment of the night. It was nice to see the whole study abroad group get together and have fun.

I just got back from sitting in Courtney's kitchen with the few of the crew. It is crazy that we will never be around eachother for this amount of time, ever again. Yes, we will go to school together and be in Gainesville, but we won't all be together or see eachother or be able to do fun things like the experiences we had here. I am going to miss everything so much and it almost seems as if this whole trip were a dream. I am so lucky to have met the people I had met on this trip and I truly made new best friends.

Pip Pip, (for the last time in Europe)
Leah

1 comment:

  1. Although I just talked to you, I figured I would comment one last time! This sounds like an awesome conclusion to your trip! SEE YOU SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete