Thursday, May 27, 2010

John Mayer Concert

Today was a short day! We had our last day of class. Our plan was to go to the Towers of London when Brittany got out of class. Instead some girls told us that John Mayer was playing in concert that night and that we could still get tickets! We rushed across the street to Dilke House to buy tickets online. We found really cheap ones in the A section which are the first two sections in front of the stage. There was a huge group of girls in the room using the Internet to book their seats. We decided we would meet early and grab dinner so we immediately headed out to start out our day! We headed to the British Museum so that we could see the Rosetta Stone. It dates back to 196 B.C. It was just so amazing that they had a piece like that just sitting out on display in a glass case. No big deal. It was cool to read all the different languages, even if I couldn't decipher anything. We also saw the crystal skull and cool Egyptian statues. We headed to Covent Gardens are after to grab lunch. We ate at an Italian cafe outside and shared a pollo pizza and margherita pizza. I have had so much Italian food in the past week. We then headed back to the dorms to nap and get ready for the concert. We met up and picked the tickets up from Picadilly Square and then felt like an American meal so we went to TGIF's and shared appetizers. We caught the tube after and headed to the Wembley Arena. (The Olympics will be held here in 2011)It was a long tube ride but we finally made it in time to catch a few songs of the opening act. We had amazing seats. The whole arena was filled and we had the 12th row from the stage! We could see he so clearly from our seats. He came out and graced us with his beautiful voice and wonderful talent. He did a few new songs that I didn't know because I haven't bought his newest CD. But when he played songs from his older albums like, "Your body is a wonderland", "Slow dancing in a burning room", and other goodies.. that is when I freaked out. He would do a lot of improv on the guitar and rip it. He is an amazing guitarist. At the end of the show he played "Gravity" after being called out for an encore. His fingers were just going crazy hitting all kinds of notes and he threw his guitar on the ground and started playing it on the ground, almost like a piano. It was a wonderful finale.
I can now say I have watched four musicals and a concert since I have been here. I love it! Tomorrow is our day trip to stone henge and Bathe so I am very excited! Must go to bed so I can wake up early!

Pip pip,
Leah

Since Gravity was his last song of the concert, I will end my post with it... so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Leah! I know on your last post i just said it took the cake... but I lied!!!! THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING!! I could not be so much more jealous of this day! That is so awesome! Thank you for posting the videos! I'm so sad for you that the trip has to come to an end... i know you will remember all of this FOOORREVER!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete